Thursday, July 28, 2011

Author Interview: Erin Jamison author of Better Than 8 Fantasy

About your book: Better Than 8 Fantasy

Amara Simmons has always fantasized about having two lovers but believes it is just that: a fantasy. She likes her men “gifted”, if you know what I mean. At the suggestion of a friend she registers for an online dating website for well-endowed men called betterthan8.com. She believes nothing will come of her site membership but after months of flirting online via email and instant messaging, she’s shocked to discover that she’s fallen for a gorgeous Latin man that has the potential to be her everything – except he never calls and she has no idea why. Nursing a broken heart she is totally unprepared to meet her would-be Latin lover in person much less at the negotiation table of a multi million-dollar real estate deal. In Puerto Rico, passion ignites. Promises are finally fulfilled and the lines of reality blur when her fantasy finally blooms to life. Can Amara have it all: the deal, the man, and the fantasy?

Free Book Reviews
What do you think readers will find most notable about this book?

Erin Jamison

Well, I'm sure women will talk about the fictional website in the book. Hopefully, they will talk about the personality of the girls. I would really like them to love the girls as much as i do.

Free Book Reviews
Have you acquired any good anecdotes surrounding this book? If so, could you share one?

Erin Jamison
No anecdotes but here is a quote from the book that I happen to like. Makes me smile.

"You know how you have a good meal and you got gravy left on the plate. The gravy was so good that you don’t want to leave it on the plate but you don’t want to be a pig about it? So you take your bread and use it to sop up the rest of the gravy. That guy is totally soppable!"

Free Book Reviews
Did researching and writing this book teach you anything or influence your thinking in any way?

Erin Jamison

It was a totally new journey for me. My first book, working with an editor, feeling like a had a viable concept...it was great. Scary, daunting, but a real feeling of pride when I was done.

Free Book Reviews
What would you most like readers to tell others about this book?

Erin Jamison
I want readers to talk about the site, the characters, the camaraderie amongst the girls.

Free Book Reviews
Can you suggest one question readers might find interesting to discuss, concerning you, your writing in general, or this book?

Erin Jamison
What first inspired you to start writing?

The answer would be that I have a call story. I always read, voraciously. I was the nerdy, geeky kid that lugged around a book bag full of books, even if they were textbooks. When I was younger I didn't find my niche. In high school, I submitted a story for an assignment and got back really encouraging feedback. From that point on, I wanted to write but didn't have a clue on how to get started. I just knew I wanted my story to look the same way it did in books. I put the thought away for a number of years, figuring it wasn't my thing. Despite that, I had this overwhelming feeling that I wasn't doing what I was supposed to be doing. I had no idea what it was but then one Thanksgiving weekend, a couple of years ago, I read all four Twilight books in that one weekend. I was hooked, plain and simple. From there on, I read almost anything romance. If I bought 10 novels, I'd have them read in 3 or 4 days. I accumulated books quickly.


I started pre-ordering books and had a schedule of what books and authors would be published each month.. I started telling funny stories of how big a clutz I am and I'd email it to friends and they'd tell me it was funny, or very entertaining. I worked up the courage and just did it. I've got a lot of positive feedback so far.

Free Book Reviews

How can readers help you promote this book?

Erin Jamison
Tell other women about it. Friends, co-workers, sisters, mothers, etc. Spread the word.

About You: Erin Jamison

I work full time, I'm a mother, I day dream, contemplate, and conceptualize nearly 24/7; even when I dream. =P

Free Book Reviews
Why do you write?

Erin Jamison
I dreamed of being able to tell a story one day...see my name in print. I wanted to create a series of stories that promote individuality, confidence, fearlessness, fortitude, and passion. I write sensual erotic stories of women who know what they want and aren't afraid to go after it for women who want a bit of a thrill too.

Free Book Reviews
What is your greatest strength as a writer?

Erin Jamison
Probably my greatest strength is that I'm a fan first. I'm that fan that buys jewelry and shirts. I'm the 40 year old woman that promotes YA books by wearing gear mean for sixteen year olds. What?! I can't help it certain parts of me remain stubbornly immature. Keeps me young at heart!

Free Book Reviews
What quality do you most value in yourself?

Erin Jamison
I have to say, I can complain like the best of 'em. If I'm not complaining, I ain't happy. In the end, I like having a lot on my plate. I like juggling, pressure, and being pushed so I don't procrastinate.

I like being overloaded so the value that I like most about my self is perseverance.

Free Book Reviews
In addition to writing, what else are you passionate about?

Erin Jamison
Cartoons. No seriously, I still watch the Justice League, Ben10, Scooby Doo, Jem. Oooh, remember Jem! GI Joe...."cause knowings half the battle". Those were words to live by back in the day and still are.

I'm passionate about cooking and believe it or not school. I still like to take classes and workshops. I've got a wide array of interests.

Free Book Reviews
What are you most proud of accomplishing so far in your life?

Erin Jamison
I've found that while I might be scared stiff, I'm not afraid to take risks. I moved from Virginia to California and I didn't know a soul out here. I had never been on a plane until I flew to California for an interview. I was afraid of failing to write a good story until I took a chance and just did it.

Sometimes the greatest rewards come with the biggest personal risks.

Free Book Reviews
Is there any new or established author whom you feel deserves more attention, and what is it that strikes you about his or her work?

Erin Jamison
Shiloh Walker and Kallysten

Both are authors that I absolutely love. Shiloh writes paranormal romance and erotic romance stories. Her characters leave an indelible impression on you.

Kallysten stories...even the supernatural ones...always make me feel like that is something that could happen or that I could explore with my significant other. I feel vested in the characters that they create.

Someday I dream to write as well as they do.

Read More about Erin Jamison


Enhanced by Zemanta