Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The holiday wrap.

It's a little overdue but,

Wow what a fantastic way to spend my first NYE back in Melbourne after fleeing Sydney (Watch out for the Hollywood adaptation entitled "Not without my Anus").

New years eve I headed off to a pool party with some mates. There is nothing quite like the Aussie tradition that is the BBQ. The weather was warm and we all ended up in the pool. Big red was quite a hit and after a few beers and some wrestling I ended up on the wrong end of a speedo grab. Fortunately I was not the only one that night to loose his speedo.

After the pool party we headed in to the city to watch the fireworks from a mates place. He has an amazing apartment on the 16th floor of a high rise and we had a fantastic view of the city lights and the fireworks. A few more vodkas and some really yummy nachos later we hit the clubs. It was at this time that I realised that I would be spending the whole night in my rugby shorts without undies because I had foolishly forgotten to pack them and I didn't want to wear wet speedos all night. As fun as they are, having a damp undercarriage all night was not high on my list of things to do.

For those of you who do not know rugby you should at least know that rugby shorts are SHORT and I think they made quite and impression is I "bounced" on the dance floor. Oh well it was NYE so it was time to let my hair down and be naughty. Not that I normally need an excuse.

I really cannot quite convey how good it feels to be home and in the heart of Melbourne again. I hope to be able to introduce you all to much more of my favourite city this year.